What is the porosity of a hair?
Porosity is the ability of hair to absorb hydration, i.e. water. It can be low, medium or high, the ideal being to have an average porosity.
Why is it important to know the porosity of your hair?
When you know the porosity of your hair it is an important step in learning about your natural hair. It allows us to adapt its routine with the right hair products and the right gestures so that the natural hair is healthy and silky.
How do you know if your hair is porous, bit porous or very porous?
To do the porosity test on your hair, you need:
– Take clean hair, wash it beforehand or after your shampoo
– Put water in a clear glass
-Then put that hair on the water and observe it trajectory 2-5 minutes after
You will be able to conclude what your hair porosity is thanks to its position in the glass and how to repair and care for it.
A non-porous hair (low porosity):
The hair stays at the top of the glass, it has a low porosity this means that the cuticle has the scales well closed. They breathe poorly and lack hydration because water has difficulty penetrating the cortex. Hair looks shiny and dry but also have difficulty getting wet on contact with water.
TIP for non-porous hair:
– You are advised to make a clarifying shampoo to remove any excesses that stagnate and mouths the scales.
– Use heated caps or hot oils in your hair routine to open the scales and let them penetrate them huiles
-Rinse your hair with warm/warm water
-Apply care, i.e. leave in conditioner or vegetable oils on slightly damp hair with a vaporizer
Average porous hair:
The hair stays in the middle of the glass, it has a normal porosity porosité normale this means that your hair is normal and healthy. They regulate moisture alone by letting it penetrate the cortex as needed.
THE TIP to do for a hair of average porosity:
– There are no special restrictions except to have a regular hair routine.
A porous hair (strong porosity):
The hair stays at the bottom of the glass, it has a high porosity porosité élevée this means that the scales are too open. They absorb too much hydration quickly and let it go away easily.
Hair quickly becomes dry, brittle and fragile.
THE TIP to do for a hair of high porosity:
– Rinse your hair in cold water or the last rinse water with cider or lemon vinegar after making your shampoo to close the scales.
-Use protein-rich treatments.
Be beautiful in nature!